Elmo's lonely


A couple of years back I was taking a lunch-time walk around the harbor walk which goes by my university campus. In the summer I walk every day (3-5 miles) at lunch time, but when the weather gets colder I tend to cut back. In any case, this was taken in the fall, it was a bit chilly and drizzling (not a big deal) and there he was, Elmo, abandoned (there are condos nearby so some kid probably forgot him).  I also saw this as a perfect opportunity to mess around with a free photo app that I had gotten for my iPhone.    I think the grayness really does bring out how bad the weather was (no one else was around outside) and a generally jovial toy monster is longing for his owner to come back and get him.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Academic Facepalm (evaluation edition)

Discussion forums in MOOCs are counter-productive...well, sort of...

Latour: Third Source of Uncertainty - Objects have agency too!